Here are my personal ideas, ideas taken from Pinterest, product reviews, and random thoughts about my life as a Kindergarten teacher. Feel free to pin these ideas, use them in your classroom, and share them with your coworkers. After all, we are all working towards the same goal: to help our kiddos become successful students and lifelong learners. ENJOY!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

4s Line

I found this idea from this website. I thought it was creative because it gives kiddos something visual to look at when you are going over line procedures. Plus, I like the addition of the 'smiling' rule because it makes walking in line a fun thing (instead of the 'I'm walking in line in the hallway, I'm going through torture' look that most kids have on their face when walking). I plan on hanging this on the inside of the door so we can go over the rules before leaving the classroom. Of course, I made it to match my classroom (pink and green), and I took my time to make it nice. Remember, spend your time to make it nice, laminate it, and never make it again.

There are two ways you can do this: the easy way and the hard way. I discovered the easy way only after I started doing it the hard way and it was taking WAY too long. The thing that will take you the longest is cutting out the 's's. If you don't want to do that, just hand draw them with nice markers. Otherwise, use colored computer paper and use a word processor (i.e.; Microsoft Word) to print your 's' outlines for you to cut out.

4s Line

Materials:
- 1/2 poster board
- Different color construction or computer paper (I used two colors to match my room theme)
- Scissors
- Black marker
- Black colored pencil
- Ruler
- Glue stick

Time: 
- Easy way: 45 min
- Hard way: 60 min

Directions:

Easy Way:
1. Create '4' and 's' outlines on your computer using a word processor software. I used Microsoft Word and used the 'word art' feature to create my outlines.
2. Print your outlines onto your colored computer paper
3. Cut out your 's's and '4' (this is what is going to take you forever).

Hard Way:
1. Create templates for your '4' and your 's's.
2. Trace your '4' and 's's onto your different color construction or computer paper (this step is made much easier if you do it the easy way and use your computer to help you).
3. Cut out your 's's and '4' (this is what is going to take you forever).

4. Lay out your 's's to get your spacing correct.
5. Use your black marker to write your title: "Are you in a 4s(this will be glued on) line?"
6. Glue on all of your 's's and your '4'.
7. Use your ruler to draw your black lines for each letter.
8. Use your black marker to complete the 4 's' words: silent, still, straight, smiling :)
9. Use your black marker and black colored pencil to draw on the shadows on the '4' and the 's's (don't even attempt to use black construction paper to create the shadows. I tried. I failed. Move on and make it easier on yourself. No one is going to care if your shadows aren't perfect.).
10. Draw an outline (optional... just wanted to make it fancy).

Finished Product:


No comments:

Post a Comment