Here are my personal ideas, ideas taken from Pinterest, product reviews, and random thoughts about my life as a Kindergarten teacher. Feel free to pin these ideas, use them in your classroom, and share them with your coworkers. After all, we are all working towards the same goal: to help our kiddos become successful students and lifelong learners. ENJOY!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Great Resource for Reproductibles

WOW! My first product review... Yay! Let me start off that it takes a lot for me to actually buy something teacher related and not make it. Us teachers don't get paid very much and cut corners on a lot of things to make ends meet; however, I saw this at the store and instantly bought it. I can't wait to use it!

Now, if you're like me, you see these books full of reproductibles and think it's so awesome and only end up using one or two pages from it... And they usually cost 10-20 bucks for a small book.  First of all, if you find a book you do like, search it in Amazon or Ebay... they'll most likely have it cheaper.... Anyways, back to my review. I was doing some grocery shopping at Walmart and just happened to pass by the school supply aisle (I always check for discounted markers, pens, etc.). I saw this book and saw the price and HAD to have it.

Now, don't let the title fool you... I know it says 'preschool,' but it meets a TON of the Common Core Standards for Kindergarten. I took a picture of some of the pages so you can see what it includes. This book comes with 320 pages of awesomeness. Honestly, I really only found a few pages that I might not use.  

It's got a ton of coloring activities, finding colors in the environment, mixing colors, etc.

 I love what it has for shapes... Finding shapes in the environment, drawing shapes, etc. I think it's great because it in the triangle and rectangle section it has the shapes turned all different ways.

 This book has several pages of getting ready to write activities... Tracing, going left to right, etc. I think these will be awesome for those first couple of days before you start letters.

 Of course, it has plenty of letter activities


 It also has many language activities, including beginning, middle, ending sounds, rhyming, syllables, etc.

 It has measurement, more and less, number activities, counting, patterns, sorting, same and different, and basically every math concept that they'll learn in Kinder for common core (minus addition and subtraction).

It even has science and social studies activities!

I wanted to post so many more pictures, but I'm sure I would be violating some sort of copyright law... even though I'm promoting their product. 

Now, by no means am I saying let these reproductibles take the place of good, hands-on teaching. However, if you are looking for homework activities or time fillers when a lesson ends early, etc... I definitely recommend this. You can use this as independent practice for your existing lessons, as well. 

Oh yeaH, this fabulous resource with over 320 great pages was only $6.00!! Yeah, I was a bit in shock at this price, as well... Considering I saw almost the same thing at Costco for $10 (and it didn't have as much or as many useful ones), I threw it in my cart right away! I found it at Walmart in the school supply section in the small area where they have other teaching resources (BTW I looked through most of them and this is the only one I really felt was worth the $$). 

Hope this review was helpful! If you have any other books you recommend, feel free to post! THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment